The Greenbone OS (GOS) equips the Greenbone Security Manager appliances
with a comprehensive and powerful basis.
The main elements of Greenbone OS are the base operating system, a administrative interface and the scan applications.
Depending on the GSM product, varying hardware-specific features are supported. All of the following features are supported for each of the GSM products, unless indiciated to work only for specific ones.
- Network integration: SMTP (Email), SNMP, SysLog, LDAP, NTP, DHCP, IPv4/IPv6
- Vulnerability detection: CVE, CPE, CVSS, OVAL
- Network scans: WMI, LDAP, HTTP, SMB, SSH, TCP, UDP, ...
- Policies: IT-Grundschutz, PCI DSS, ISO 27001
Web-based interface (HTTPS)
- Scan tasks management with notes and false-positive marking
- Multi-user support
- Clustered and distributed scanning via master-slave mode
- Report browsing aided by filtering, sorting, annotating and risk scoring
- Plugin framework for reports: XML, PDF, ...
- Appliance performance overview
Remote control (SSL-secured OMP)
- OpenVAS Management Protocol (OMP)
- All user actions of web-based interface available
- Supported by desktop applications
- Automated via scriptable command line tools
Administrative console interface
(available as shell via SSHv2 or RS232)
- Network integration configuration
- Backup, Restore, Snapshot, Factory Reset, Update
(approved and customized versions)
- Scan Engine and Framework: OpenVAS with integrated Greenbone Security Feed
- Additional scan tools: Nmap, w3af