Importing the GSM TRIAL
- Download the OVA file of the GSM TRIAL.
- Download and install VMware Workstation Player or Workstation Pro for the operating system used.
- Start Workstation Player/Workstation Pro.
- In Workstation Player: Select Player > File > Open… in the menu bar or click Open a Virtual Machine in the Home area.
In Workstation Pro: Select File > Open… in the menu bar or click Open a Virtual Machine in the Home area.
- Select the OVA file of the appliance in the file system.
- Click Import.
→ The appliance is being imported. This process can take up to 10 minutes.
When the appliance has been imported, it will appear in the left column in Workstation Player/Workstation Pro.
- In Workstation Player: Select the appliance in the list and click Play virtual machine.
In Workstation Pro: Select the appliance in the list and click Power on this virtual machine.
→ The GOS administration menu is opened.
Performing a General System Setup
- Log in using the following login information:
User name: admin | Password: admin
→ When logging in for the first time, the GOS administration menu displays the First Setup Wizard to help with the basic configuration of GOS.
- Select Yes and press und Enter to open the Wizard.
Note: The wizard can be closed by selecting No and pressing Enter. Steps that have not yet been completed will be displayed again at the next login.
The wizard can also be closed by selecting Cancel and pressing Enter. In this case, however, incomplete steps will not be displayed again.
Any step can be skipped by selecting Skip or No and pressing Enter. Skipped steps will be displayed again at the next login.
→ It is asked whether a web user should be created. This is required to use the web interface.
The first web administrator (web user) created is automatically the Feed Import Owner (more information about the Feed Import Owner here
- Select Yes and press Enter.
- Enter the user name of the web administrator.
- Enter the password of the web administrator twice.
- Select OK and press Enter.
→ A message informs the user that the web administrator has been created.
- Press Enter to close the message.
The key can be entered or uploaded as follows:
- Select Editor and press Enter.
→ The editor is opened.
- Enter the GSF subscription key.
- Press Strg + X.
- Press Y to save the changes.
- Press Enter.
- Select HTTP Upload and press Enter.
- Open the web browser and enter the displayed URL.
- Click Browse….
- Select the subscription key in the file system.
- Click Upload.
→ A message shows that the key has been imported successfully.
- Press Enter.
After the last step, a status check is performed. A message shows the result.
After closing the message by pressing Enter, the GOS administration menu can be used as described in the user manual
If there are any incomplete or skipped steps, the First Setup Wizard will reappear at the next login.
Accessing the Web Interface
The web interface can be accessed as follows:
- Open the web browser.
- Enter the IP address of the GSM’s web interface.
Note: The IP address of the GSM’ s web interface can be displayed as follows:
- During the login to the GOS administration menu
- By selecting About and pressing Enter in the GOS administration menu
- Log in with the web administrator created during setup.
→ The web interface is opened.
- It is recommended to change the password of the GOS administrator as described in the user manual.
- The GSM TRIAL uses a self-signed TLS certificate. When logging in to the web interface, this is considered insecure by the web browser and must therefore be added to the web browser as an exception.
- Shutting down or restarting the virtual machine should only be done via the menu option Maintenance > Power in the GOS administration menu to ensure that important system processes, such as the feed update, are not interrupted.